Medical & Health
The Medical Department, in Railways provides comprehensive health care to serving Railway employees and their family members and dependents, Retired railway employees, their family members and dependents and certain other categories of staff such as Contractors, Labour, Vendors, Licensed Porters etc.
The services are provided through a network of Zonal Hospitals, Workshop Hospital, Divisional hospitals, Sub-divisional hospitals, Health and Lockup dispensaries.
- Medical Certification
- Medical Examinations
- Medical Boards
- Inventory Control
- Internal Medical Audit
- Medical Reimbursement
- Inspections etc.
- Emphasis on Early Diagnosis and Treatment (Both OPD and IPD)
- Laparoscopic Surgeries,
- Video-Bronchoscopy, Nephrology,
- Vascular Surgery,
- Knee & Hip Replacement,
- Interventional Catheterization Lab.
- Prevention & Control of Communicable Diseases- AIDS, TB, Malaria, Hepatitis etc.
- Health Education
- Surface Sanitation of colonies
- Water &Food Quality Monitoring
- Reproductive & Child Health Nutritional Care
- Family Welfare
- School Health
- Health Checkup Camps