Public Relations department disseminates the public policy and information about Railways to people in general and mass media is particular. Various activities are under taken by PR department to reach the public. These include press releases, press conferences, books, banners, posters, photos, advertisements, Audio Visual publicity, Cinema slides, Heritage gallery, SMS campaigns, websites etc.
Functions of PR Department
- Dissemination of timely and accurate information about Railways to public
- Preparation & issue of Press Releases, News features & Special articles to various newspapers regarding regular activities and achievements of Western Railway in various fields.
- Release of information on social awareness issues through advertisements, radio jingles, etc
- Event Management Holding various functions, celebration events, etc.
- Exhibition: Holding Exhibitions showcasing the railways on different occasions.
- Heritage archiving and preservation
- Management of Western Railway website
- Publications: PR department also undertakes conceptualization, designing printing of various publications such as In-house magazines, Brochures, Books etc.
- Release of Tender Advts received from various departments to DAVP approved publications as per Railway Board’s directives.